Monday, February 2, 2009

Yippee and "Wahoo"

Okay, corniest title ever, but I'm super excited because Katie from A Hokie & A Wahoo tagged me to play this super fun game!

Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag eight other un-tagged people.

1) What are you wearing right now? Black patent peeptoe pumps, grey trousers, a silver, gray and black polka dot satiny shirt with a Banana Republic cropped, structure black swing jacket over top. I also have my bangs pulled back in my omni-present front braid a la Lauren Conrad, but totally not copying her.

2) What's the last thing I read/ are currently reading? I'm reading a lovely novel by Cassandra King titled Queen of Broken Hearts. Boyfriend's mom always gives me books to read, and they're almost always top notch. This one is proving to be no exception!

3) Do you nap a lot? The answer is usually no, although this weekend it seemed like I couldn't keep my peeps open! I really hate napping while wearing mascara - you always wake up with spidery mascara lashes. You know what I'm talking about!

4) Who was the last person you hugged? Boyfriend or Sadie May, but she's not a person, so I suppose that doesn't count.

5) What's your current obsession/addiction? Peanut Butter & Banana sandwiches from the Dowd Y, natch! Decorating my home comes in a close second, followed by blogging (I'm lying, blogging is totally first).

6) What was the last thing you said out loud? "My ears are bleeding!" in context, this was perfectly appropriately considering my favorite coworker (sarcasm abounds) was discussing whether a woman could impregnate herself using a turkey baster full of baby batter. Ew, yes, ew, my fingers are now bleeding from typing that.

7) What websites do you always visit when you go online? Perez, People, US Weekly, Bricks & Stones Gossip, PopSugar, Blogger...

8) What was the last item you bought? Protein bars!

9) How many children do you wish to have? 3... 2 girls and a boy, just like my family. Every girl needs a sister, right, Sis-Boom-Bah?

10) If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished- anywhere in the world, where would it be? This may not be an exciting answer, but it would be in Charlotte, but in one of the big old houses in Myers Park or Eastover.

11) Favorite Vacation spot? I looooove the mountains, but if I'm thinking outside of a weekend getaway, it would be going back to Turks & Caicos... that was paradise!

12) Say something to the person who tagged you: Hokie & A Wahoo, I just adore your blog and reading all of your adventures in newlyweddedom. Plus, I think you look exactly like Grace Kelly!

13) Name one thing you just can't resist no matter how bad it is for you- Diet soda. I know it doesn't have the sugar or calories, but I'm sure it is eating my insides completely to bits. Hurts so good!

14) You are on the Oregon Trail. How are things going? I'm a master buffalo hunter (the rabbits are too fast for my gun), but now I have too much meat to carry on my wagon, so we'll have to leave it to rot. The buffalo will be around forever anyway. Poor Enus got injured when we tried to repair the axle (we didn't buy enough at the store), and it looks like there's mutiny afoot.

15) Favorite pair of shoes you keep going back to over and over, even though your closet is over flowing with a zillion others?! It would have to be my black leather boots judging from the nails sticking out of either heel.

16) Name one thing you cannot live with out: Diet soda, celebs, Sadie, protein bars.

17) Has a celebrity's haircut ever influence you on your own hairstyle? I took a picture of Nicole Richie's bob with swide swept bangs to an appointment a while back, and I've been evolving that style ever sense - currently going more Posh stacked and sans bangs.

18) What is your most embarrassing moment?
Falling off the treadmill at the Y flat on my face, then getting up and pretending it didn't happen even though people kept coming by to ask if I was okay. I just stared blankly like I didn't know what they were talking about. They probably thought I had a concussion.

19) If you could be any inanimate object, what would it be, and why? I would be a window, so I could see inside and outside no matter where I was placed, and I would be able to enjoy the feeling of the rain and the warmth of the sun (I think my fingers are bleeding again).


That was so fun! I've seen this on lots of blogs around the block, so I'll tag anyone who hasn't played yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience to your #18. It was mortifying at the time, but whenever I think back to it I always burst out laughing.

Jules said...

Such fun answers and I'm a diet soda addict too. The story behind the ears bleeding is hysterical.

Katie & Ryan said...

I love your answer to the Oregon Trail question! And thanks for the awesome compliments...I've never been compared to Grace Kelly before, but I will DEFINITELY take that comparison :0)