Friday, March 27, 2009

Whatevs

If I haven't mentioned it 1 or a million times, I am a huge TV junkie. Mindless entertainment is so okay in my book. I'm also uber-preppy but not a fan whatsoever of Martha Stewart. I like her projects, and I like her magazines and the idea of her, but I think she comes across as cold, standoffish and distance (unless she's talking to your girl and mine, Hopsy, of course). I just think she tends to have the personality of a dead fish. It makes me uncomfortable.

Anywho, I'm housesitting at Madame P's this week, and while I was flipping through the channels on Tuesday night I discovered my newest obsession... "Whatever Martha" on the Fine Living Network. If you're unfamiliar with the show, it features Martha's daughter Alexis and her friend Jennifer watching old episodes of Martha and basically tearing them to shreds. Alexis has the dryest, most sarcastic biting wit, and I love it. I very rarely watch a show and laugh out loud (unless Lobster and I are having running commentary about epic fail bachelorettes or the most epic fail of all, Tyra Banks), and never do when I'm watching by myself. Within the first 30 seconds or so, I was hooked and giggling to myself at regular intervals.

The most amazing part about the show is that it's created and executive produced by none other than the ice queen herself! Martha pre-approves all of these shows, and the fact that she is okay with Alexis and Jennifer dissecting the unflattering fit of her lilac oxford or suggesting that Martha create a bra instead of mittens for Molly Ringwald out of old sweaters, makes me rethink my opinion of Miz Stewart.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I found that show recently and love it! So great!

Sara said...

I just discovered Whatever, Martha and I love it! I really like when they try to do arts and crafts with her!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I've heard the show is fantastic, but I don't get that channel, boo! I will def. check it out if I ever get it added on though.

Denise said...

Your blog is so pretty!! I'm so jealous!