Sunday, July 5, 2009

Boom Boom Pow

Nothing beats a long holiday weekend! Thursday night BF and I attended his hometown's Independence Day Carnival. Live music, rides, games, fresh squeezed lemonade and homemade ice cream made our evening divine. I spent Friday at the gym, helping my dad paint my bathroom, and put some finishing touches on the rest of the rooms. I also worked on some sewing projects and enjoyed the beautiful Southern sunshine.

Despite a migraine ending my night early, I spent a wonderfully festive Fourth of July at a Sundresses & Seersucker party with Boyfriend, some coworkers, and some friends. Intense rounds of cornhole ensued, and neighbors' fireworks capped the night. I finished my peacock dress in time for the festivities, and I'm thrilled with the result. Speaking of which, don't forget to enter my giveaway by Wednesday!


I just got home from a wonderfully rejuvenating day of church services, and I'm still basking in the joy that being in fellowship with passionate believers provides. God is truly with us.

14 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Your dress turned out so cute! I'm glad you enjoyed your fourth! :)

Elizabeth said...

I am SO ridiculously in love with the ruffle collar on that dress. like OMG, would love a top with a collar like that!!! Is it from a pattern??
Love ya CB!

BLC :o said...

Oh what fun!!! You look just darling. Xoxo-BLC

QueenBeeSwain said...

what a fab weekend you had and how darling you looked! hooray for an all-over win of a weekend!

xoox

kHm

Rachel H. said...

Your dress is TOO cute! I love it!!

THE Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great holiday weekend! And your dress is super cute!!!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

You actually MADE that dress yourself?!? Wow! You could have a future in that; it's adorable.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get myself invited to a Sundresses & Seersucker party - may just have to throw one myself!

Annie said...

The dress is adorable!
Glad you had a wonderful weekend :)

CAC muffin said...

i love love love your dress!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

The 4th of July Carnival sounds like so much fun! And a Sundresses and Seersucker party? Right up my ally! Looooooove the dress!

CarolinaGirl said...

You guys look adorable! I MUST HAVE THAT DRESS! Girl, boyfriend is a cutie!

Jill said...

Your dress is amazing! I wish I could sew like that. Glad you had a great 4th.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

You did a wonderful job on the dress! It looks beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by this morning and leaving your comment. My BIL is a Volunteer and the two of us are always harrassing each other. He's in Iraq right now...I had to take that photo to let him know I was thinking of him...

Delaney Gates said...

Oh my Lord, your dress is FABULOUS and you look amazing!!