Thursday, March 22, 2012

Snippets

This week has been full of small snippets of my favorite things, and I'm so grateful for these tiny moments of bliss.

1. I started sewing again. It has been weeks - nay, months - since I cut into fabric and started creating a piece of apparel. I've been justifiably too tired and busy to add anything else to my plate, so Hems & Hers fell by the wayside. My enjoyment for it this week has proven to me that I need to keep those creative outlets as part of my life. I can't wait to post pictures of what I've been working on.
2. Bubble baths, magazines and chocolate wine. I've been doing this combo late at night, and good gracious, is it ever rewarding. If you haven't found chocolate wine yet, it's a must.
3. Long walks. The fella and I work opposite schedules that allow us only an hour or two each night to interface and pour into each other. Instead of collapsing on to the couch in front of the TV, we've been really intentional about taking that time in stride - literally. We've been taking long strolls around our neighborhood late at night, often with a glass of wine in hand. Not only is it great for burning a couple calories (truly not that many since we're consuming the liquid variety while we pace) and keeping us focused on each other. It's one tradition we both want to hold on to.
4. Frozen yogurt. TCBY has been a huge part of our relationship. Not only did we spend our first date consuming the frozen treat, but it's become a go-to for long chats, a quick treat and decompression. For the fella's first day at his new job this week I made sure to swing by and have a little something waiting for him in the freezer when he got home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the idea of a late evening walk around the neighborhood. I'm going to have to mention that to my husband. We've been so bust the last two weeks, we've hardly seen each other. Great snippets!