Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday Theory

Most people would tell you that Friday is their favorite day of the week. And why not? It's the last workday before two days of weekend bliss; however, I always feel a huge rush of disappointment upon waking up on Friday only to realize that I must actually work the entire day to reach weekend-dom.

Enter Thursday... my solution to the favorite day of the week. I wake up on Thursday knowing full well that my week is not over but with the hope that the next day is Friday. No disappointment enters the scene, for although the weekend's in sight, it isn't yet painfully close. As it turns out, today is Thursday. The sun shining. It's going to be a good day.

Except for the fact that my coworkers are currently filling my boss' office with hundreds of birthday balloons. Guess who will be sent to a dark closet to pop each and every one? Oh yeah. That would be me. Similar to Buddy the Elf meets Jack in the Box. You know what I'm sayin'?

3 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

I agree. Thrusday is better because the hope feels so much better. Fridays always drag for me too. Your last paragraph should be a scene in "The office". Hope the party is at least fun!!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

In my college days Thursday was always the "kicker" day, kick off to the weekend! And all of the fraternities would have their biggest parties Thursday night! I always looked forward to Thursday! Happy Day!

Seashells&Sunshine said...

Haha it's funny you say that cause I have always said that Thursday is my favorite day for that very reason!!