Monday, February 15, 2010

Fizz & Frosting

I am feeling so torn between ecstatic and forlorn. My coworker (who is coincidentally one of my best and greatest friends), The Supermodel, is moving to New York. Why you ask? Well this beautiful all star is heading to work in Tiffany's corporate office. I am just pleased as punch for her, but I am so sad to be losing her in Charlotte. She is truly one of the sweetest and most fun people on the planet... not to mention one of the most stylish. To celebrate her incredibly exciting news, I held a surprise going away party for her on Saturday night with the theme Champagne & Cupcakes. I was thrilled with how the fete turned out, and I believe that Miss Supermodel was truly shocked. If any of you Manhattanites have some tips for her, please send them my way, or if you're willing to help out a displaced Southerner, let me know, and I'll get you two connected!

The spread included:

- Paula Deen's avocado chicken salad (divine) with mini pitas
- Honey teriyaki meatballs

- Buffalo chicken dip
- Corn and black bean dip

- Delicious cupcakes from SAS Cupcakes (in Blakeney, for you locals)

- And an assortment of bubbly (including my new favorite, almond-flavored champagne from Trader Joe's for a whopping $6 a bottle)


In between food and dessert prep I was able to whip up a fun skirt out of some nearly-forgotten-about fabric I scored at Mood way back in October when I was on my trip with The Supermodel. Although it's furniture fabric, I think I kept it from looking too sofa-y.

14 comments:

Melissa Lamkin said...

Love the skirt! I just love it! SO fun!

THE Stephanie said...

Gorgeous skirt! Doesn't look like a sofa at all!! :)

QueenBeeSwain said...

you are just amazing in every way possible!

xoox

kHm

Stately Lady said...

Love your hair longer! And the skirt is presh.

sara said...

You look so cute! What a nice event to throw for your friend (and what a dream job she is going to have in NYC!).

Lexilooo said...

how lovely! oh, and your outfit is adorable!

Elle said...

Love the skirt... and I am so sad your friend is leaving, but so thrilled at her opportunity... Tiffany's? Ahmazing!

Ams said...

You are the best friend a girl could ask for I tell ya (and OH MY WORD that spread is fantastic!!!!!) Sad your friend is leaving... but what an opportunity for her!! Send her my congrats :)

Heather said...

That sounds like a really fun party. That was so nice of you! Your skirt looks adorable.

The Shabby Princess said...

Super cute skirt!! That sounds like quite the spread you put on for the party--how fun!

Blackeyed Susan said...

Your menu is making me hungry!!! I love the skirt! Too cute!

Posh Peach said...

What a sweet surprise for your friend! The menu sounds delicious and the skirt is fabulous!

Jenny said...

Saw your blog name on another blog and I had to come and visit. Very intriqued. Totally adorable skirt. And cute blog!

Anonymous said...

Lovely skirt! And I LOVE Paula Deen's recipes, I bet the salad was great :)