Thursday, February 9, 2012

Circus Act

The circus was in town recently, and while I didn't attend, I realized that much of the last few months has left me feeling like a lion tamer, tight rope walker, juggler, clown, ringmaster, and heck, even a side show act all at the same time.

Thankfully this week I was able to find a happier balance and figure out my life. Well, at least somewhat. With the fella's new job (which he LOVES! Praise the Lord for His timing and plan!) taking him away for the evenings, I've had plenty of free time to catch up with the wonderful friends that God has placed in my life. And while I know I could do that any week, with our very limited free time I usually end up prioritizing my time with D ahead of other relationships. This week, though, I spent a refreshing many hours (and several glasses of wine) hearing about the lives of some of the greatest ladies in my life.

I am so thankful for the gentle ways that God uses the people in my life to restore my soul as a microcosm of the way that He does. In this season of crazy, one of the greatest blessings I have is the opportunity to take a quick breath in the company of my favorite people. Wine is another one.

No comments: