Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Better Butter

Long ago when I first launched PD&PB, I was consuming protein bars on the reg. I'm a creature of habit, and that applies largely to my eating patterns. When I find something I love, I stick to it. I ate a protein bar almost every single morning and loved every bite. This summer when our office competed in a weight loss challenge, I altered my eating to include more whole, clean foods and fewer processed ones. Protein bars were on the non-clean list, and I gave them up (mostly) cold turkey. Since then I've fallen head over heels in love with a toasted whole wheat naan every morning (do you eat naan? If not, you are SERIOUSLY missing out. Get thee to Trader Joe's ASAP to grab a pack or four) and top it with a delicious combo of Target's Archer Farm natural peanut butter with flax seeds (I also love Trader Joe's almond butter with flax seed, but there's just something about good ole peanut butter that's hard to beat) and Trader Joe's fig butter (a recent discovery). I apply the butter duel when the naan is still piping warm from the toaster and let them semi-melt into a glorious gooey-ness. Never will I ever go back to a singular bar for breakfast. Now I just need to figure out an alliterative, catchy pairing for "Whole Wheat Naan with Natural Peanut Butter and Fig Butter" to retitle this now misnomered blog.

No comments: