Thursday, August 5, 2010

Music To My Ears

Admittedly I'm not generally on the cutting edge of the music industry, but over the last few weeks I've forced myself to turn off the television and enjoy some ear candy as my beloved Bernina hums merrily along in harmony. A few of my favorites lately?

1. Paper Tongues - The beau and I had the pleasure of hearing this group from Charlotte open for Switchfoot in December. They totally blew us away then, and I'm thrilled they're blowing up the national music scene of late. "Soul" is without a doubt my favorite track, and it ends up on repeat often.
2. Amy Grant - A perennial favorite, "Baby, Baby," "Gallileo," "Ask Me," and the newer "Better Than A Hallelujah" are always a treat. I used to fantasize that Amy Grant would come adopt me (don't worry, Little and Daddy, I'd still be yours too). It hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will soon.
3. Elevation Worship - My wonderful church released their newest single on iTunes this week. I've been rocking to "Kingdom Come," on Saturday nights and Sundays, but I'm thrilled I can listen to it and lift my hands (not while the sewing machine is running, of course!) during the week as well.
4. Pastor Steven Furtick Podcasts - I've attended Elevation for about a year and a half, but as such, I missed many a powerful sermon during the early days of the church's existence. Thanks to podcasts on iTunes, I'm slowing working my way through old sermons, and the messages are dynamic, powerful and enriching as ever.

5. Muse - Kate Hudson's romantic choices are right on, and Muse and I are having a moment right now. Not just for invigorating workouts, Muse has powered me through several of The Hundred Dresses lately.
6. The Jai Ho - Bolly. Wood. That's all.
7. Rascal Flatts - I love Rascal Flatts and always will. It doesn't matter how many times I've heard their tracks. They make me happy.
8. MIKA - If you don't know MIKA, then you haven't lived yet. Lobster and I have shared many a car dance party to the tunes of "Lollipop," "Love Today," and "Big Girl, You Are Beautiful." Sis and I have continued the tradition including "We Are Golden" into our set. If I'm ever feeling down or blue, MIKA cheers me instantly. No joke. Try it yourself, and then try to tell me I'm wrong.
9. Hanson - "Mmbop." Nuff said.
10. Hellogoodbye - Although I (embarrassingly) found out about Hellogoodbye thanks to an unfortunate Real World marathon viewing a few years ago, they top my playlist regularly. "Touch Down, Turn Around," is hard to listen to without shakin' at least a little bit.

So what are you listening to right now?

No comments: