Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It's Perfection

Y'all, I am not particularly choosy when it comes to fashion. I'm not a stickler for name brands, designers or seasons (in fact, I tend to forgo designer for more unique looks... partially based on price point and budget, and partly because I don't want people to ID every garment in my ensemble). If I like it, I wear it. If it's inexpensive, I'll consider buying it. The one piece in my wardrobe that I am incredibly OCD about, though, is the long-sleeved t-shirt. Necessities include - thin enough to layer, but not sheer, sleeves that aren't too constricting or too loose around the wrist, and length that is long enough without being shapeless. Do you understand how difficult it is to find that perfect piece of jersey? Utterly impossible. Stepping in to save the day, however, has been none other than Target. Their long-sleeved tissue tee has become the joy and delight of my wardrobe. Not only do I wear one almost daily, but I laud them and sing their praises to everyone I encounter. In fact, The Supermodel has now made my proclamations of the perfection of the Target Tissue Tee into a joke. At least, until I went and purchased one for her. She has since silenced her mockery and is a devoted disciple. And for $9.99 you should be too.

And speaking of obsessed, The Supermodel passed along this gem of a blog yesterday, and I've been scrolling through it ever since. It is so inspiring, and this mother-daughter pair get my creative juices flowing with each post. And I basically want to be Lauren. If my eyes weren't already green, they would be by now from sheer envy.

6 comments:

Kora Bruce [Dixie Lust] said...

Oh yes mam!

Im a slave to Target tees! Perfection.

Blissfully Enamored said...

i am a huge fan of the target tees too!! you can buy one in all colors for the low price point! and tshirts will ALWAYS be in style and a part of our wardrobes!

DSS said...

I feel exactly the same about white t's, and wear them ALL THE TIME!! I have the same qualifications you do, and have fallen in love with the Gap Favorite T. Love, love, love...

However, I will need to investigate this Target find. Hmmm.....thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

That is so funny. I was just recently telling a friend of mine the same thing about the Target ones. The overall length is another issue for me - I want long enough but not too long. Target t-shirts are the best!!

Elle said...

Oooh I'll have to try those tissue tee's... Target's clothing is always a little overwhelming for me, so I usually wait for someone else to recommend I try something and then I'll go find it at Target.

Elizabeth said...

couldn't agree more about the target tees. the only other ones that come close are the gap long sleeve tees. that's only because they're just so darn soft!!!!