Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gettin' Personal

'Cause you know, I really don't.

Looking back over this blog's year-plus lifespan, there have been few times that I get really personal. Ironically that is a very accurate microcosm of my life. With a large, dynamic personality I talk A LOT. And tell lots of anecdotes, but I only get to the true heart of the matter on occasion and with a select few. I prefer sharing funny observations, commentary and opinions without divulging all of myself.

I've noticed that in the 4 months since B and I broke up, this blog has suffered as I've become even more guarded about sharing the personal. There are several reasons for that, but I hate to see my dislike of vulnerability affect my ability to share with my readers. I've already done a question-answer post last year, to help break the guard down, if there's more about me you want to know (you know, more than what the lady on the treadmill beside me was wearing, eating, drinking, talking about, etc) just leave a comment, and I'll do my best to open myself up to answer!

6 comments:

Ams said...

Hmmmm... I am going to have to think about this!
Sometimes we just have to take care of ourselves... there is nothing wrong with that.

what is the one thing that you do to pamper yourself?

And since I LOVE love...

Do you believe in romantic, true love? That it really exists?

hehe silly question! Hope you don't mind!

QueenBeeSwain said...

you know, I think there is a bible verse and a song... there is a season... and right now, it's your job to be on offense.

tell us a story about when you were little, like something funny and embarrassing, because I know that you have to have some amazing ones!

xoox

kHm

MrsMc_B said...

Ok, I have some very random questions:
Share with us your favorite beauty products!

What's the story behind your blog title?

What's the first thing you think of when you wake up?

What's is your favorite indulgence?

What do you like most about blogging?

The New Mrs said...

Ooooo, i like this!

We are in a similar field (advertising) so my question is do you love what you do? And if you could go back to your first year of college, would you change your major/what you wanted to do? :)

USCEmily said...

I've got one- do you have any big regrets in your life? If so, can you share one and what you would have done differently if given a "do-over"?

ms. mindless said...

I'd love to know what you would be doing and wearing on your idea of a "perfect" day. Of course, to the soundtrack of Perfect Day by Hoku from the intro to Legally Blonde!