Saturday, June 2, 2012

So On & So Forth

Over the past few weeks I've gotten a little more adventurous in the kitchen... I'm never one to shy away from bold flavors and unusual combinations, but I don't typically follow involved recipes. From chicken tikka masala to crockpot BBQ beef & mango quesadillas that the fella and I prepared for an impromptu Memorial Day party to a delicious Thai coconut chicken dish I whipped up for a little Bachelorette night with my sister, and chili lime grilled sweet potatoes for a spontaneous mini-dinner party, It's been so much fun to stretch away from the usual and experiment with this flavorful fare, and it's been inspiring me to think up my own new creations, such as these ever-so-popular-with-the-fella mango butter banana waffles...
Speaking of stretching, I've been going to hot yoga 3-4 times a week... something I never thought I'd say... ever. In fact, the hubbers and I have a standing Friday morning date at the studio to sweat it out together, and we both love it so much. I've been a cardio addict 5-6 days a week for nearly 10 years, but I haven't ever seen so many changes to my body as I have in the past 4 months of hot yog'ing. If my arms could handle it I'd probably go multiple times a day.


In other, equally mundane news, I've been farmer's marketing like a champ for all of our produce needs, and yesterday I spent my day off flowering and decorating our little deck that we've been pretending is an outdoor living oasis (don't mind my yoga mat drying on the rail). Other than that we take time to relax when possible like this morning's mid morning nap and cuddle session. Life could be much worse.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad you are doing well!