Sunday, June 24, 2012

Self-Serving Sunday

My favorite part of our wedding was our ceremony. Not only because it made us husband and wife, but we spent a lot of time picking out music and scripture that defined not only our relationship personally but our goals in our marriage. Our friend, Wade, who is the worship pastor at our church (I'm on staff at our church, in case you're new around here) married us, and two of our dear friends who are also worship leaders supplemented our strings trio with a selection of songs. Three of our friends, my aunt and the hubber's sister punctuated the ceremony with scripture readings. Below is a list of those touches...


Mothers and Grandmother processional: Simple Gifts
Bridesmaids' processional: All Creatures of Our God and King
My processional: Hymne Vangelis
Scripture readings: Proverbs 24:3-4, Philippians 2:1-4, Philippians 4:8-9
Song: "Hosanna" - Israel Houghton
Scripture readings: Ephesians 1:17-19, Ephesians 3:14-18
Song: "Jesus at the Center" - Israel Houghton
Recessional: "Never Once" - Matt Redman


Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our ceremony.

























All images courtesy of our amazing photographer Caroline Ghetes

4 comments:

Jenny said...

You look lovely!!! Your veil is amazing

Lexilooo said...

gorgeous! I love Philippians 4!

The Shabby Princess said...

What a gorgeous wedding!! Love!

The Preppy Student said...

You look amazing in your gown and the photographer did a great job! I love the bridesmaids dresses and it looks like you had a beautiful wedding!

BTW Im your newest follower! I have a preppy blog and would love for you and me to be better friends and comment on each others posts! Looking forward to reading more!