Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Beautiful Mess

I've been craving hot yoga. So weird. I don't know that I've ever enjoyed a workout more than I do those sweaty sessions. I've been going once or twice a week with cardio and strength training in between, and I feel tight and toned and pleasantly sore.

This week we're in final countdown mode to Easter. Working for a church, Christmas and Easter are our craziest time of year, and this year is no different. Add in the fact that I get married in 10 days, and I'm feeling more than a little overwhelmed. Not in a bad way at all, even though it's probably showing up in the form of tension and general irritation. In fact, I'm happier and more excited than I've ever been. Still, stress is stress, and maybe that's why I'm loving the hot yoga so much.

After last night's class I was craving something hearty, warm, delicious and healthy, so I swung by my friendly, neighborhood Harris Teeter and picked up eggs, asparagus, Muenster cheese, avocados. Oh, and sugar free pudding. Seriously, I was in the grocery aisles complete overcome with a craving for pudding. I don't know either. A few cracks and crackles later, and I ended up with a concoction that included mashed avocados atop an open-faced English muffin, coated with cheese and then topped with an egg-over-easy and accompanied by some sauteed asparagus spears. Y'all. It was every bit as delicious as I hoped.

After devouring that goodness, I spent the rest of the night printing labels and using them to secure bags of pink and gold sequins - what we'll have our guests shower us with as we leave our reception (one of my favorite details of the night). I learned some important lessons about sitting on a bed and transferring sequins into small, clear plastic bags. And I spent much of my time cleaning up the beautiful mess that was created.
This morning I decided to recreate the open-face-egg-wich for breakfast and put it on whole wheat naan instead of the English muffin in lieu of my typical naan with natural peanut and fig butter. As I started eating it on the way to work I realized three bites too late that eggs-over-easy are not very car-without-utensils-friendly. So. That happened. At least it was scrumptious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yummm.... I just ate breakfast, but that makes me hungry for more!

Also, I've been so wanting to try hot yoga! We don't have any classes available around here there, boo.

YOUR WEDDING IS SO CLOSE!