Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday Switch Up!

My weekends are the busiest part of my week. I enjoy Fridays off but work on Saturdays from 1:30-8:30 (approximately) and Sunday mornings from 4:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. (approximately). I wouldn't change a thing, but it does mean I tend to feel like I have an abnormal social life, and I miss out on a lot of social functions (like a surprise party for a sweet friend this past Sunday afternoon). Date nights tend to be on Thursday, but I'm usually so overstimulated from a crazy week that I have a hard time unwinding and enjoying them.

Yesterday was another long but amazingly satisfying day of celebrating how God is working in our city. For my birthday my pastor generously gifted me with a Bonefish Grill gift card. I'd never been to Bonefish but was excited to try it. The fella and I decided to switch up our Sunday routine of sweats and The Office reruns over a thrown together mishmash of dinner and use the gift card for a Sunday date night. I don't go into the office until 10:30 on Monday, so not having a "work night curfew" is freeing. I threw on a pair of heels and cute top and swiped on some lipstain I had in my car and late night date night was a go.

We had the most perfect date night unwinding from the weekend over Bang Bang shrimp, salmon for me, grouper for him, bananas foster and a delicious bottle of pinotage. We had time to enjoy one another's company, breathe, reflect on what we've seen God doing in our lives, understand how better to pray for one another and better carving out quality time. I couldn't ask for a better way to decompress from the weekend and recalibrate for the week ahead. Sheer perfection.

No comments: