Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Those Three Little Words

There comes a point in most boy-girl (and heck, some boy-boy and girl-girl) relationships, where the epic phrase, "I love you" is uttered. I may or may not be speaking from recent experience, but here are things that will most assuredly ruin the sentimental and romantic mood in that first moment of golden, spoken affection.

1. When it's whispered, reply, "Huh?"
2. When it's whispered, reply, "What'd you say?"
3. When it's whispered, ignore it.
4. When it's spoken audibly, reply, "Huh?"
5. When it's spoken audibly, reply, "What'd you say?"
6. When it's spoken audibly, stare blankly at the speaker, blinking rapidly.
7. When it's whispered or spoken audibly, laugh.
8. When it's whispered or spoken audibly, reply, "Yeah right."
9. When it's whispered or spoken audibly, reply, "Gee, thanks."
10. When it's whispered or spoken audibly, reply, "Are you just saying that?"
11. When it's whispered or spoken audibly, reply, "I love Zaxby's."
12. When it's whispered or spoken audibly, start crying.

3 comments:

the sinFull mortal said...

Hey, you, Miss Gorgeous! You may not know me in this life, yet, in Heaven I wanna serve you. These blogs (closenmyeyes/sexponential) are how I wish to spend my eternity in Heaven - fulla love, warmth, and compassion besides going to church on Sundays; I also hope you'd join me for a BIG-ol party-hardy celebrating our resurrection. God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

Ally said...

lol - exactly what I was hoping for

The Shabby Princess said...

Hmmmm, some delevopments with le boyfriend, hmmm?