Monday, December 27, 2010

The Punchline

This morning I received a text message from my friend The Joker announcing that he's seeing someone. And, as it so happens, that someone is not me. He declares that he loves spending time with and talking to me and would love to continue doing just that, but he wanted to be honest and upfront about the situation.

So. There's that.

I'm definitely bummed, but I completely respect him for just telling me. He didn't owe me that, and he wasn't obligated to give an explanation. I applaud him for being a truly good guy. Now on to the next!

On deck? The Pilot. A sweet, handsome, Southern gentleman a couple of years older than me who went to Auburn and flies corporate jets for a living. We've done coffee and lunch and tonight is the natural next step... dinner. Cheesecake Factory. I'm pretty excited. I was also pretty excited when he asked me to fly with him on a private jet he was piloting to New York on Sunday, but alas, snow and wind made me nervous, and I declined. I felt like I'd turned down an opportunity to star in my very own Bachelor episode, so hopefully he'll bring a rose tonight to get me back in the game.

In other news, I hate roses.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Was super confused for a second or two when you said you are pining for a rose. I know your true distaste of them. Thanks for the honest new bulletin that you, in fact, do not like them.


Miss you!

Alyssa said...

Ha this post cracks me up!

The Shabby Princess said...

I'm sorry things didn't work out but I'm DYING to hear more about this Pilot. I feel like an email update is needed.

In other news, my dad, father in law and two uncles are or have been pilots. They're good people!

Mary Beth said...

Just discovered your blog-it is fantastic! I have really enjoyed reading it! Several of your spiritual posts have touched me-thanks!

Anonymous said...

The Pilot sounds pretty wonderful... hope all goes well! xox