Sunday, October 3, 2010

We'll Solve Any Crime By Dinner Time!

It's no secret. I love Mary Kate & Ashley (no, they are not "The Olsen Twins" any longer). From their time on Full House to their detective series to their short lived TV returns (Two of a Kind and So Little Time) to their on-location films. Heck, even their feature films It Takes Two and New York Minute. Below, my top five MK&A productions...

5. Holiday in the Sun. I've been dying to go to the Atlantis resort since this movie came out. I also love knowing this was one of Megan Fox's first roles, and that I was semi-in love with Austin Nichols before he was famous.

4. Getting There. Mary Kate and Ashley's last straight-to-video film. Sweet sixteen + Winter Olympics + new car = amazing hijinks ensue. It is so unbelievably terrible, it's good. Magical.3. The Challenge. The oft-forgotten Olsen release based loosely on the Survivor series, this was the twins take on reality television in film form. To die for.2. Double, Double, Toil and Trouble. This 1992 classic is a scary departure for my sweet MK&A, and it made me obsessed with moonstones for a good seven years. Heck, I still am.
1. Winning London. I think I've watched this movie no fewer than 47 times. I have the entire film memorized, and I will always have a crush on Jesse Spencer thanks to his role in this movie. "Just don't jimmy riddleoo in the back of me jamjah!"

8 comments:

School Day Love said...

This post made me smile! I used to watch the Olsen Twin movies ALL the time! I have never seen the Challenge though- I must see if Netflix has it! :)

Denim and Pearls said...

Winning London is my favorite Olsen Twins movie! I've seen it a million times -- it still cracks me up!

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

I AM DYING! My sister and I had ALL the MK&A movies!!! It Takes Two= classic.

xoxo

Britt said...

love love love!!!

I own New York Minute...love Ashley in that one (her OCD character). Plus I love the end!!

Emily Kathleen said...

LOVE IT!! I almost squealed out loud when I saw the title of this post! My sister and I had all their movies too! I think my fave was Double Double Toil and Trouble...I kind of wish I could find it on DVD!

Samma said...

I loved the sitcom where they are in middle school, and have the cool nanny- I think their mom passed away when they were little? I would watch it in college after class all the time (blush).

Kassie said...

Double Double was one of my faves! And the random travel ones like when they went to MUN in London or Australia, and always managed to find gorgeous 12 year old guys to date while there! ha!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I remember them on Full House.