Thursday, June 4, 2009

Divalicious

This evening after work I went to the Y and made an emergency stop in the little girl's room. Just as I settled on to the commode, I was startled to hear an extremely loud cacophony from right outside my stall. After fighting a losing battle with restroom stage fright, I exited my personal oasis frustrated.

As I turned the corner I spied a very, very large woman standing in the mirror fixing her hair and belting out the song playing on her iPod. Now, Lobsterita knows that one of my biggest pet peeves is people singing or humming aloud to songs playing through earphones. This woman was more than just making absentminded noise, however... she was going. to. town. It wouldn't have been so terrible if she had been performing on key, but my oh my, it wasn't even close.

When she saw me standing in the mirror she turned to me and said, "I know. I should have been a performer. Everyone tells me that." With a sarcastic edge to my voice, which I blame entirely on my still-full bladder, I replied, "I know. I was just thinking the same thing." Aretha broke into a wide beam and help up her hand for a high five. "Girl, when I make it big, I'm gonna come back here and make you a part of my entourage!"

It certainly is lovely knowing that I have something to look forward to.

14 comments:

QueenBeeSwain said...

shut. up! what is some peep's deal? singing aloud is only okay in the privacy of one's car or with friends after a few adult drinks- there is a place and a time for everything- the locker room at the y *just* might not be that place!

ps- who was encouraging her? did she perform at a school for the deaf when she received those accolades?!

gracious.

kHm

Black Labs and Lilly said...

I was laughing out loud at this story. Its not everyday you get to meet a future superstar!

Blissfully Enamored said...

oh my lord!! that is hilarious!!!

i feel the SAME way about headphones AND bluetooths! ARGH! :)

Lipstick said...

LOL!!! That is hilarious! I love how she just included you in her enterourage!

Anonymous said...

Haha, too funny!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Ha - what an honor!

I love the restroom stage fright bit. Annoying, isn't it?

Blogalicious Designs said...

WOW!! You should quit your job RIGHT NOW!!! I'm sure you'll make it big with her!!! LOL

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Can I just say that you have me laughing so much that tears are running down my face! This is just too much...

Blissfully Enamored said...

come check out the frames i am selling on my blog!

BLC :o said...

Oh. My. Word! Xoxo-BLC

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Why must every one think they are the next Mariah Carey? Singing along is meant for when you're in the car-with tinted windows!

Annabel Manners said...

LOL! Congrats on your brush with fame! ;0

AVONLadyinSC said...

I found your blog today and love it :) I hate when people think they can sing and they really can't. I know I can't, and I do my part to keep the world a happier place by keeping it to my shower :)
If you're looking for summer stuff when it comes to cosmetics. I offer a 10% discount to anyone's blog I follow. Just let me know :)

Barefoot in the Park said...

classic.