Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who Am I?

Queen Bee tagged me in this fun game. Surveys like this totally bringing out my inner middle schooler playing along with those chain emails to pick out your favorite color, wish while scrolling, then send to 15 people. Love them. Anyway, without further ado...

Current obsession- Picking out amazing fabric and learning to sew, so that I can create gorgeous frocks to share with all of you!
Weirdest obsession- Peanut butter. Two days last week, every meal of the day (including snack) featured peanut butter. It's probably seeping out of my pores making me the "Weird Girl That Smells Like Peanut Butter." One time in 7th grade, I was dating a hot 6th grader (Oooh yeah), and he dumped me because I talked to about peanut butter too much. Ouch. I guess I haven't learned my lesson.
Wearing today- An adorably precious coral-pink dress that I got for $3 at Gap to wear to me 21st birthday outing (one of my favorite dresses of all time that gets much too little wear) with a lacy camisole underneath, white cropped cardigan, and metallic BCBG sandals complete with 2 jewels and bows.
Favorite comfort food- Peanut butter OR my homemade chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven. Yum!
What would make today special- If the girl I'm showing my place to tonight decides to move in, saving me beaucoups of bucks!
You'd like to learn to- Sew! I can't wait to be able to... I'm oh so close!
Last thing you bought- Groceries last night. I'm trying to stop spending money eating out. It's taken up a much larger portion of my budget than it should.
Listening to right now- Sounds of the office, but the new Rascal Flatts CD in my car.
Favorite weather-
Cold! I also love fall and spring, but apparently Charlotte is detouring spring and moving straight to summer this year.
Most challenging goal now- Getting a raise and promotion at work. Stupid hiring freeze.
One who tagged you- Queen Bee~ not only do I love your blog, but I love that we are the exact same person, and I adore sharing emails with you. They are definitely the bright spot of my workday!
Anywhere to live- I'd stay in Charlotte. Love this city!
Want in your hands now- Sadie May. She's the world's best snuggler, and today is just one of those days that I'd rather be cuddling than working.
Anywhere for an hour- In the audience of Paula's Party. Paula Deen is my hero, and we've met once... she held my hand and called me "Baby."
Language to learn- I took French for seven or eight years, but if you heard me try to speak it, you would have no idea.
Look for in a good friend- Someone who I relate with on multiple levels, can have fun with and is always there for me!
Meet in person- Reese Witherspoon or Amy Grant.
Favorite type of music- During the warm months, definitely country, but Amy Grant is my forever favorite.
Favorite clothing owned- My dresses. That encompasses most of my closet, but I can't narrow it down to just one piece.
Dream job- Paula Deen. Or a mom. Or both.
$100 to spend on- Fabric, clothing (more $3 dresses!) and baking ingredients.
Pet peeve- Hearing one of my coworkers talk constantly about her ongoing divorce while she clips her fingernails. She also applies AquaNet at her desk multiple times a day.
Who do you admire- My mother. Little has been through so much in her life and is one of the most incredible women I know.
Personal style- I like to be Preppy Classic With A Modern, Funky Twist. I wonder if anyone would agree that I hit that mark.
Favorite beauty product- Maybelline Pink and Green Mascara. It's the best. Always and forever.


9 comments:

BLC :o said...

Awe! Too fun. Xoxo-BLC

Emily said...

ahh fun:)
I might have to play along:)

Tara Gibson said...

fun post! love chocolate chip cookies! yum!

Kim said...

I REALLY want to learn how to sew too! I want to be able to make fun stuff :-)

QueenBeeSwain said...

laughing at your PB story.

and who are you? to quote Samantha from SATC- Hello my name is Fabulous!

xoox

kHm

Unknown said...

so much fun! i used to love those things! i can't lie, i still do it on facebook :-)

Seashells&Sunshine said...

Hi! I am a new reader, just wanted to say fun post! I am trying to learn to sew too, just got my grandmother's old sewing machine. fun, bu frustrating, but i am getting better!!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

hahaha - i adore your blog! :)
same favorite mascara, same love of Paula Deen (everyone in Montana makes fun of me for it!) and same situation with the whole French thing. . . LOL ♥

Anonymous said...

Do they still make Aquanet anymore? Haha