Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Praise

Praise & Worship - "My Future Decided" - Hillsong United

Scripture - "For by grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts according to the grace given us." - Romans 12:3-6

I have spent my week in a funk. I have lost my motivation at work, and basically, I will admit to you, dear readers, I've been pouting like a spoiled baby. This piece of the Word shook me out of my 'tude and made me realize that I have been thinking myself more highly than I ought. I have been considering myself overqualified for the tasks given to me each day, and I have rebelled against that. Whether the assignments I receive are truly utilizing my gifts is a question of its own, but regardless as a "member" of a "body," I must function as such rather than being a hand, wishing I was a foot and trying to walk. Instead of trying to fight, I need to seek the heart of the Lord to discover my gifts and then find an appropriate outlet for those. Let me ask you... has God shown you your gift? If so, are you using it to its fullest capacity? Are you using it to serve the Lord? If so, how?

2 comments:

Rachel H. said...

I love this, and I appreciate you posting. I too have spent the last few weeks just moving through the days and getting by. I've lost motivation, and I've got too much going on. Your post really helped me to see through that and think about what I have and what I can give. And I think I can get out of this funk. :) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I pray every day for God to show me what it is that I am supposed to do. It's hard. But I'm glad you are getting out of the funk with these inspiring words :)