Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stain'd

I make precisely zero claims to be a beauty blogger. Other than my Bare Minerals foundation and cheek color, I am a diehard convenience store make up customer. I'm pretty much devoted to Maybelline and Cover Girl for eye shadows, bronzer and mascara. I do make a brief departure to Physician's Formula for eyeliner. And then, there's lipgloss. I probably have 15 different brands and shades of lip product in my bag at any given time. Kiehl's, Bella Fiore, LipSmackers, Maybelline, Burt's Bees, Revlon and more (don't get me started on my Vaseline obsession). I love the sheer hue that gloss gives my lips, but I get tired of the endless reapplication and wind-factor (you know, when it's breezy out, and your hair gets stuck in your gloss?). I am no fan of lipstick, however. I love the saturated colors, but it feels so mumsy to me. It seems heavy, and it can make your lips dry. I don't know, it's just not for me. But then I discovered Maybelline lip stain. It can be applied light or bright, isn't sticky, isn't drying and doesn't need to be reapplied throughout the day. It's become a daily staple for work or evening festivities. And, no, Maybelline isn't sponsoring this post. I am just beyond excited about this new cosmetic product. I've tried stains before, but applying them with your fingers can leave your digits equally stained, and even coverage can be nearly impossible. Not with this stick stain. I'm in love. In love. The end.

No comments: