Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Snapshot of Our Marriage

Opening scene...
Me, in a hurry and running almost-late in the morning, carrying 14 too many things on my way out the door. In one hand I'm precariously balancing my breakfast plate, when half of my PB&J naan falls off onto the foyer floor. Hurriedly, I pick it up, eat it, and continue to my car.

Later that night...
Davey the Hubbers: How were the pups this morning?
Me: Really good for the most part, except Knox found half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the yard and ran in here and ate it.
DTH: That must have been what was all over the foyer floor when I left for work. I thought you had dropped your breakfast and just left the mess.
Me: Oh. Yeah. Lalalala.
...
Me: Well, actually, that was mine. I did drop my breakfast.
DTH: Baaabe, what did you do with the part that fell?
Me: I ate it. I figured that the dirty part had stayed on the floor revealing the fresh, clean layer underneath.
DTH: My head hurts.

End scene with DTH pouring himself another glass of wine.

I still think my logical is fail safe.

1 comment:

Allyson McGuire said...

I would have done the same thing!