Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Kitchen Success

When you're married to a chef, food is a major part of your life. As a wife I love to prepare dishes for my little family; however, when you're married to a chef, your husband works many late nights, so you often eat by yourself. This week, joyfully, the hubbers has been able to come home at a decent hour thrice, which means meals together and some Redbox couch cuddling. Since my husband spends all day cooking for other people, I love to have something ready for him to eat when he gets home, so he doesn't have to continue his work at home. I don't typically follow recipes when I cook, typically sauteeing salmon or chicken or pork chops, roasting a plethora of vegetables and prepping some grains. Over the weekend I found a recipe for crockpot chicken tikka masala. Feeling adventurous and the need to branch out since we're both admitted foodies, I decided to give it a whirl. I can't tell you how delicious the tikka masala turned out. Each night we've had it (and trust me, it makes a ton, and we have not minded the leftovers one bit), the hubbers has gone back for at least seconds. The depth and layers of flavor are phenomenal... it's hearty, feels special and is straight up scrumptious. And any recipe that the precious chef approves fully gets a permanent spot in our rotation. The recipe is involved, but easy and so, so worth it. Check it out!

No comments: