Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Inspired

For the last year I've lived with a truly wonderful girl. We dwell in an adorable condo that I've lived in for a year and a half. The time has come for my roommate and I to part ways, and she'll be moving out in the next three weeks. While I'll miss her company, I am ecstatic to turn her bedroom into a sewing/workroom for myself. I have been overflowing with design ideas all day for the room, and I've decided on a pink and gray paint scheme with pale, ballet pink and soft, dove gray in some combination. The blog Good Bones Great Pieces has a helpful feature called Color Theory where they choose six of the best paints in a chosen color. Their choices under pink and gray were both divine, and I'll have a hard time choosing.

Next I'll get a fun rug like this green houndstooth I found on Overstock for a great price to soften the old hardwoods in the room (original from the '30s when my building was built). Then I hope to add a feminine light fixture like this chandelier to give the room even more pizazz. I'll also paint my wicker desk with a metallic bronze for some pop, add my West Elm white lacquered Parson's desk, a mirror and some inspiration boards, and we'll be in business. Ooooh, how I can hardly wait!

4 comments:

Lexilooo said...

Hope you post pictures when it is finished!

A Wedding Story said...

Love that houndstooth rug...what a statement!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh I can't wait to see what you come up with for the room... you inspire me to get my butt in gear and do some "fixin' up" of this house I'm now living in!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

love those! cant wait to see it all finished!