Friday, March 26, 2010

The Tag

Queen Bee Swain and Desperately Seeking Seersucker both tagged me in this fun Preppy Mafia game. Now, I'm not so sure that I'm a part of the Preppy Mafia, but I am certainly happy to play along!

1. Who is your style icon?
- You know, I don't know that I really have anyone's style that I try to emulate. I always love Reese Witherspoon's ensembles - whether everyday or red carpet, I just think she looks fabulous. I've also recently fallen in love with the looks of Tinsley Mortimer. Her dress collection is just to die for. I love checking out Blair Waldorf (yes, I know she's a TV character) and Olivia Palermo too!
2. What is your favorite socialite lit book?
- I'm not sure that I usually classify my reads as a socialite or not, but I do love a great chick-lit book... everything from Emily Griffin to Sophie Kinsella. I'm a voracious reader, and when I want something light and fluffy, they're my go-tos.
3. Favorite party theme?
- I threw a champagne and cupcakes party recently for the Supermodel before she departed for the bright lights of New York City, and I loved that theme. It could work for almost any occassion, and it gives you the perfect chance to put on a frothy, flirty outfit and toast some bubbly!
4. Go to Halloween costume?
- Y'all, I hate Halloween. I mean, I despise the entire event and everything leading up to it. I am deathly afraid of masks and costumes, so I try to sit out whenever I can. I do love going as an Olsen though. Or Rachel Zoe. They're pretty much the same thing.
5. Extravagance you cannot live without?
- Lots and lots of diet soda? Ha, I'm not sure that's an extravagance, but I certainly could not live without it! And fashion and gossip magazines... that $4-$8 a week is certainly a splurge for me on something I could totally eliminate from my budget, but I love them entirely too much.
6. Living person you admire?
- My parents. They are incredible in absolutely every sense of the word, and I have no doubt that I would be nowhere near as fabulous as I am today without them (kidding about the fabulous part, but truly, I owe them everything and more).
7. Greatest fear?
- The Mummy, deaf people talking, masks, clowns, the TV volume being on an odd number that isn't a multiple of 5.
8. Trait your deplore in yourself?
- I certainly hope I don't have any deplorable traits, but I am incredibly stubborn, and I'm independent to a fault. I also don't do well saying no, and I'm insanely overanalytical and anxiety-prone. That gloriousconcoction of traits can be self-destructive. Hooray!
9. Which talent would you most like to have?
- I've always wanted to have a great singing voice. Unfortunately, if you've ever heard me belt out some Mika, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts (or anything, really), you know that I couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle.
10. Greatest achievement?
- It's definitely still in progress, but I am so proud of the success that Hems & Hers has seen in a short period of time and that I wasn't intimidated by innumerable factors that could work against me and launched it anyway.

2 comments:

USCEmily said...

I also despise Halloween! Masks and I do not get along and don't even get me started on clowns. I think I was scarred for life when my mom chose that as a costume for me once when I was young...YIKES!

QueenBeeSwain said...

H&H is AMAZING, but I just know that you have even bigger and brighter yet to unleash on us all!

and I cannot stop thinking about the tv volume preference and now will always think of you when I change the volume :)

xoox

kHm