Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pupdate

Thank you all for your sweet comments about Sadie May. I am pleased to report that she's doing perfectly well. Her mama on the other hand, has been the struggling.

Life is pulling me in about 32 different directions right now, and it's all I can do to keep my head screwed on. Between work, church commitments (my heart's passion), Hems & Hers (my creative outlet and joy), friends, family, writing, new additions to my life and more, I'm just getting a smidge overwhelmed. As someone who really, really needs eight hours of sleep a night to fully function, the 4-5 hours I've been pulling for the last few months are finally starting to weigh on me. Something's got to give, although the perfectionist control freak is fighting with all my might to keep it all. Ideally I'd love to put more time into H&H and really see it become something. The potential's there but my time isn't. If any of you fabulously talented ladies have tips or advice for me, I would love, love, love to hear it.

Well this was a much whinier and depressing post than I intended it to be, so I'll sign off with the news that all I need for Christmas is Amy Grant and the Hanson version of "Christmas Means to Me." Seriously. On repeat. Like a thousand times a day.

6 comments:

Mrs. G said...

I am glad to hear that she is ok. I know I freaked out when my dog ate a gel freezer pack. Pups they sure know how to keep us on our toes.

Heather said...

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling overwhelmed. I wish I had some brilliant words of advice, but I don't... Just hang in there and do the best you can. :)

Lexilooo said...

Glad she's feeling better! My family's old dog once ate five pounds of dark chocolate bark on Christmas Eve! The vet said that he was amazed that he survived, since chocolate is so toxic to dogs, and he was a corgi, so a smaller dog!

Maybe you should take a little mini vacation, to help clear your head? Just a weekend away?

Ams said...

Oh sweet lady! It is so hard when life gets going... you are doing a great job, and hopefully in the new year things will calm down and you can get your 8 hours of sleep. I used to feel the same way... I had kids and had to get used to less sleep but I am working on getting my 8 back ;)

Mrs. Potts said...

I'm so glad that Sadie is doing better!

I know what it is like to be pulled in so many directions. I hope things will calm down & even out a bit soon for you.

Danielle said...

What a coincidence, I was just getting ready to write a similar post. Not so much with a "pupdate" but rather the how do you find enough hours in the day to get everything done kind of post. My perfectionism took a big hit once I became a mom. I'm still learning but basically I've realized the extra "me" things just get less time but it's important to keep them around for my sanity!