Tuesday, November 17, 2009

True Story Tuesday: The Sun, I Swear, Is Bleaching Out My Gorgeous Hair

Yesterday I was talking to Queen Bee Swain about her luscious locks. She confessed to me that she still uses Sun-In (I know, I know, I'm trying to avoid the passing of judgment too). When she asked what I used to touch up my own strands I explained to her my almost-unconditional love for Clairol Frost 'N Tip. In the spirit of being honest, though, I also had to explain why sometimes I'm less than thrilled with it.

You see, readers, I have an absurdly large noggin. The poor thing is ginorm. Unfortunately, Frost 'N Tip employs the use of a cap through which to pull your locks. The chapeau is "one size fits all," in name, but not in reality. Each highlighting session becomes a battle between myself and the cap. If it isn't popping off, it's ripping or stretching, and all around not fitting. In fact, as it so happens, one times while struggling to secure the cap in place, I tied it tightly under my chin to insure a proper fit. After pulling the hair through the necessary holes, Little applied the peroxide mix. Suddenly I started feeling a smidge woozy and promptly passed out.

What we'll do for the price of beauty! Perhaps Queen Bee has the answer. I may just need to shift from my blackout-inducing 'do dye to something a bit more 7th grade and questionable.

11 comments:

Ams said...

Omgosh... don't pass out! That's terrible!

QueenBeeSwain said...

love it because it's the honest to goodness truth! this might be the one time it's actually good for us that we're not next door neighbors- can you imagine all of the accidents that would happen?!

xoox

kHm

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Oh funny! I remember using those caps on a roommate I had in college & we would always die laughing at the fumes & how she looked in it. So fun, though - and honestly the end result always looked great! I think I'd have the same problem though, because I have a super big head, too!

Jamee said...

I've used the Frost & Tip too and have had issues with the cap fitting my big noggin. But I always loved the results!

Unknown said...

I love me some Sun-In...back in the day!

Ange said...

You have to try Loreal Colour Experte in Creme Brulee. I've used it for years and it's awesome!!
From one blonde to another!

Rachel H. said...

I used to use Sun-In too, and I loved it! I didn't even know that they made it any more!

Danielle said...

Um, I'm pretty sure salons can color hair nowadays - just a thought (;

Black Labs and Lilly said...

You light haired girls have all the fun! I've always been secretly envious of the highlight cap my friends use to touch up their strands, if I want highlights I need to go to the salon, or run the risk of my hair turning orange :(

Red Lipstick said...

When my hair was blonde I had to watch out for the whole orange thing that I would get if I did anything to it. I didn't know Sun-In was still made either!

Shannon Dew said...

This made me LOL! Sun-In!! I've never!