Monday, December 29, 2008

InBLOGural Post

My darling and precious friend and former roommate, Miss Southern Sunshine, has inspired me (read... called me out) to begin blogging. After several treacherous hours debating on a title and username (who knew that that would be the most stressful part of my day???), I'm ready to begin.

To be honest, I'm not even really sure that I know what constitutes a good blog. Funny posts? Lots of preppy items? A sexy and sassy blogger? Oh dear, I think I'm overwhelmed already! After reading (read... getting addicted to) so many fabulous blogs out there, I feel like the bar is so high!

To begin, I should introduce you to the cast of characters that will make cameos on Polka Dots & Protein Bars:
Sis - my delightful and fabulous younger sister who is in her freshman year of school and absolutely one of my favorite people in the world.
Ms. Lobster - my best friend and another former roommate. She is one of the funniest people I have ever met, and my lobster for life.
Miss Southern Sunshine - as outlined above, this one is easy!
The Co-Workers - an amazing group of people that make my work life a total joy and will help inspire a large chunk of this blog, I imagine.
Sadie - my 10-month old cocker spaniel who has wiggled and snuggled her way deep down in my heart.
Little and Daddy - my darling parents, who are always an inspiration and such a huge part of my life. My mom is tiny, hence her nickname.
BF-Squared - my boyfriend and best friend for the past two-and-a-half years. We have been through so much together, and I truly cannot imagine my life without him.

I think that's it for now! My New Year's resolution for 2009 will be to become a faithful and fabulous blogger. I'll be giving the layout a makeover soon, so stay tuned! I hope you enjoy my quarterlife chronicles, and I can't wait to share my adventures with each and every one of you!

No comments: