Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Did It Myself

Today I had the day off work to recover from Part I of two vein surgeries - the second takes place tomorrow - gross. Last night while wired on Valium I spent time on Etsy searching for Blair Waldorfesque headbands. Because I make pennies and because I am always determined to find a bargain, I realized that I could make my own headbands for less than the $28 ones that my beloved Etsy offered. Mission headband began today. I traversed to my local Michael's and collected feathers, round cream shells, rickrack and pink and blue shelly circles - total: $16.97. I then went to WalMart and purchased 6 Goody headbands for $.96 each. After a quick whiz with the hot glue gun, I am now the proud owner of 4 (I still have two free for my creativity at a later time) headbands that would make my favorite (actually, she may not be my favorite, but it changes every week) Upper East Sider proud. I will post pictures later, but let me tease your imagination with thoughts of a feathered hair accessory, one bedecked with pink rickrack and shells, another that is minimalist but still presh, and a final one that was supposed to be a gift for my Tar Heel Sis, although she informed me that she doesn't "do" headbands despite the fact that she has the most fabulous headbandable hair imaginable. Sigh. It was a successful project, and I can't wait to model my new creations!

1 comment:

Mrs. Buck said...

ooh they sound fabulous! I can't wait to see pictures - maybe you'll be the inspiration I need to try this myself!