Monday, June 14, 2010

A Weekend Makeover

When I decide I want to do something, I need it to be completed yesterday. I don't really allow any time between decision and execution, and the creation of my wonderful workroom is no exception. Not only did I start painting the walls a beautiful pink (Pink Innocence by Benjamin Moore) this weekend, but I took an old, dingy wicker chair and revamped for $4. The chair had once been a part of my childhood bedroom, but became relegated to a collector for my laundry and other miscellaneous crapola. I had forgotten all about it until Friday, and I scurried to find it at Little and Daddy's. A quick stop to Walmart for two cans of Krylon paint ($2.50 a pop), and I was in business. While I had brussel sprouts roasting in the oven, pasta cooking on the stove and Mahi Mahi and shrimp sizzling on the grill, I set to work. Two coats of Matte Aluminum, 30 minutes (and a delicious dinner) later, and my chair had taken on a whole new life. For Steeplechase this year I made a dress out of some pretty Liberty of London fabric. I was underwhelmed by the finished dress product (the color was just no good on my skin tone), so I took the dress apart and retooled it into a new cushion. I can't wait to put this sweet seat in my swiftly coming along workroom!

BEFORE:
AFTER:

10 comments:

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Your meal sounds AMAZING and that chair came out fantastic! I am so impressed with your skills! The silver finish looks divine. Well done lovely!

Annabel Manners said...

Too cute! And I love that you did it all while making dinner... :)

Belle on Heels said...

tres, tres cute!

QueenBeeSwain said...

adorable and can we talk about how I have a side chair with the "before" fabric!!

xoox

kHm

THE Stephanie said...

Wow! That looks so great!

And I'm the exact same way! We bought Ashton a bed yesterday and it needed to be painted. It was done by 10pm last night. LOL. Now I just need to paint her room. I'm sure I won't be able to keep myself from getting at least one wall done tonight.

Elizabeth said...

omg CB. love the chair!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow... it looks amazing! Nice work!!!

The New Mrs said...

What an awesome chair makeover! You are so creative!

Heather said...

I love the silver!

ms. mindless said...

i love it! i am the same way with projects. i love to dive in right away becasue once my mind is set, i am SO impatient. it turned out wonderfully!