Sunday, November 21, 2010

What That Means

Tomorrow morning I'll get up, work out, get dressed, pack my lunch and head to my first day of work at Elevation Church. I'll officially be a producer, which means absolutely nothing to most people. And if you aren't very familiar with Elevation, 1. you should be and 2. it'll be hard to explain.

Elevation is a contemporary, multi-campus church wrapped around an audacious vision and old school message. Creativity, innovation and technology (oh, and of course, God's favor) are keys to what has propelled Elevation to see over 8,000 people in attendance in fewer than 5 years of existence. As a producer, I'll be helping to oversee the planning and execution of the worship experiences seen at each of the four campuses every week.

The job is creative and tech-y (the tech piece is admittedly not at all a strong suit of mine) and intense and time-consuming and overwhelming and exhausting and fulfilling and gratifying and thrilling and undoubtedly unlike any other role I think I will have.

I can't wait to report back on my first day. In the meantime I'll be taking my autographed Nicole Richie picture to decorate my my new desk, praying I'll have a friend to eat lunch with, and finding my favorite stall in which to bring back Bathroom Aerobics!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome! Good luck and I look forward to reading about your first day!

The Shabby Princess said...

Good luck! Congrats hun! I know you will thrive in this new role. I know that having a job/career in which you are fulfilled and happy makes such a difference. So excited for you. You'll do amazing. YAY!

QueenBeeSwain said...

fingers, toes, legs and eyeballs crossed for you!

xoox

kHm

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best of luck! It sounds like it's going to be a great experience :) xox

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! On the new job =)

Cute blog too!!!