Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Make It Work

I was feeling rotund after a father-daughter lunch date at Firehouse, followed by 2 of the chocolate chip cookies I brought in. Not knowing what else to do, I locked myself in the handicap stall of the bathroom (none of my coworkers are equipped with wheels... thankfully). Once inside I completed 2 sets of 25 squats and 2 sets of 15 pushups (I scrubbed my hands mercilessly afterwards, no worries). I cut myself off before doing crunches because (1) the tile hurts my lower back (or would... I mean, it's not like I've tried...) and (2) I didn't want my bottom to be dirty. When I emerged from the rest/fitness room, I was feeling a bit tighter and leaner, and the quick burst of exertion left my face flushed in an attractive manner. I might go back in a little while. I'm going to start marketing my plan as Buns of Porcelain. I'll send you an advance copy of the DVD if you're interested.

P.S. As a follow up to yesterday's Polkanomics lesson, I will be posting photos of my loot tomorrow as well as locations of the finds, which will be particularly appealing to my CLT readers.

10 comments:

Kora Bruce [Dixie Lust] said...

OMGosh so weird that you say all this... My coworker/best friend started our own bathroom fitness routine last week! We have a private restroom - and we've made a deal that every time we go in, we have to do 2 different types of exercise(squats, arm raises, pushups). We're even thinking about stashing a pair of hand weights under the sink!

The New Mrs said...

Hahaha. I can so visualize this and I am going to give it a try in our restroom tomorrow. I will let you know how it works out!

Kell said...

haha oh my gosh you're crazy! hey. every little bit helps, right??

glad you washed your hands ;) lol
xoxo

Elle said...

Wonderful! I do squats in the kitchen at work while waiting for my lunch to heat up!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

So funny! Way to go!

QueenBeeSwain said...

girl, you are just a trip :) I want you to get a book published or something with your stories- they are all hyster and you have TONS!

xoox

kHm

holly-lynn said...

i do laps around my office hallways, no one has noticed.. yet. & when the weather is nice i go for walks during lunch (and pretend cigarette breaks, i don't smoke, but i walk back & forth between the office and the 'smoking area') ooh the price we pay for those extra chocolate chip cookies! :)

Rachel H. said...

Oh my gosh...that is too funny, and I'm still so much of a germ freak that even with washing your hands, I have to say Gross, and I would never do it! Ha-Ha!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

That is so funny! I just don't feel like our bathroom at work is clean enough for that! Obviously you have a much better one that mine!

sarah said...

AHHHHHHHH! I admire your dedication but am also a little nervous about bathroom floor germs!