Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fat Fingers. Flat Tires

Doors are weapons. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. On Monday night my poor right index and middle fingers fell victim to a heavy door being swung open as they reached to grab the handle on the otherwise. The collision let my poor digits bruised, battered, and the size of a 300 lb. man's.

I arrived home that evening to find the sweet fella waiting to tend to my injury with Rice Krispy Treats and Diet Dr. Pepper (he knows the way to my heart, I tell ya). When I stepped out of my car to give him a hug we both heard a steady and distinct hissing sound coming from behind me. Sure enough my car's front tire was slowly pancaking.

Never fear, of course, for the strapping lad expertly and deftly switched out that flat for a shiny, new one - not a new flat... a brand new tire. Quite an eventful night to be sure, but it's never ever dull around these parts.

4 comments:

The Shabby Princess said...

Poor dear!! I somehow slammed my pinky finger in the door of the milk section at the grocery store--who knew those refridgerator doors could shut so tight? It still hurts. Sad face.

Oh. And, this morning, my car had a flat tire. Hm. I seem to be mirroring your life this week.

I promise that sounded less creepy stalker in my head.
LOVE YOU!

WhatMissLoves said...

That sounds like a not so good time! Hopefully things will start looking up! I can definitely relate on the finger accident though. My sister slammed the car door on my finger once...I wasn't very happy with her then lol

I'm new to the blogging world and I hope you can follow me: WhatMissLoves

Carol Look EFT said...

Oh my! That's very sad to hear. I hope your little finger would be better in no time.

Anxiety Remedies said...

I hope your fingers would recover fast!