Monday, January 24, 2011

Called Out!

Today I got called out by my sweet friend The Shabby Princess. She totally held me accountable for not having updated this little cobwebbed corner since January 2nd. That is pretty ridiculous.

So here's what's been going on with me: lots of work and little downtime. And I don't mind one bit. Not one tiny bit! Y'all, I am in love with my new job. It's intense and overwhelming and tough, but I'm thriving in the environment. Being able to work in an insanely creative environment with fantastic people bringing glory to God? I mean, it's phenomenal.

My dating life hasn't been all that shabby either. I've been spending time The Pilot, The Chemist, The Cook and a few others who haven't been given nicknames as of yet. Nothing significant but lovely nonetheless.

Life is just all around good right now, but I can't help but feel some days like a bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper that some jerk cashier leaves on the rotating belt so that when it reaches the end it falls over. When you open it, it fizzes out and then falls flat. I am certainly full of bubbles these days, but I can help but let the excitement fizz out and feel a little flat. Does that make sense or just whiny? And is this the worst comeback post ever? More than likely. Buuuut it's what I've got tonight.

1 comment:

The Shabby Princess said...

Bahaha! Well, I got you to update us. Omg, freak out moment--I couldn't open your blog this morning and I was all "omg, did I offend her and she took down her blog?!" So glad to see that wasn't the case.

So thrilled that you're loving your new job, it seems like such the perfect fit for you. And hello, a Pilot, a Cook and a Chemist? Well done, lady, well done.

xoxox